January 18, 2020 – Bother with the Little Things
Today is National Winnie-the-Pooh Day. In honor of it, here are some great quotes from the characters:
- “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.” —Christopher Robin
- “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”—Winnie the Pooh
- “Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”—Winnie the Pooh
- “I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?”—Piglet
- “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”—Winnie the Pooh
- “Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.”—Winnie the Pooh
- (Pooh) “What I like best… it being a hummy sort of day outside, and birds singing.””I like that too,” said Christopher Robin, “but what I like doing best is Nothing.”
Winnie the Pooh knows about doing Nothing. And while we don’t want to get too lazy and do nothing, doing Nothing is different. Nothing, with a capital N of course, means to be still, to watch the world, to notice the details and beauty around you. Remember that you’re a Diddly Snail–you slow down every once in a a while and feel the breeze, notice the blue sky, crunch leaves, smell the orange peels–that’s doing Nothing. Get out into God’s great big wonderful world and do Nothing soon!
Look up to the skies. Who created all those stars?
Who created all those “armies” in the sky? Who knows every star by name?
He is very strong and powerful, so not one of these stars is lost.Isaiah 40:26 (ERV)
Dear Father in Heaven, thank you for your world and the wonder and amazement of it. Help me be more mindful of You around me each day. Amen.